Monday, August 24, 2009

Sunday

Sunday we went and visited Ricardo's aunt Lucero. She is very sick and I am glad that I got to meet her. I was surpised when she pointed to a picture that was on her desk and it was of Ricardo and I at our wedding. It's fun to realize how much people here care about us even though we live so far away. Her aunt also has the mom, dad, and grandma dogs or Ricardo's dog Yuki. Ricardo scared one of them and they just growled at him the rest of the time we were there, it was pretty funny.

After we left ricardo's aunt we went to an argeninian restaurant called Rincón Argentino. I have no idea how his family eats food like that and stays so skinny ;) They serve churiso argentino which is a kind of pork cooked with cheese and these huge steaks. Those were probably some of the best steaks that I have ever had. Unfortunately I was still full from the breakfast I had (which, kind of funny, but that is the spiciest breakfast I have ever had, for sure). In these pictures: 1-Ricardo, Alicia, Alejandra, Mauricio. 2-Lupita, Ricardo's mom. 3-Ale & Mauricio. The rest of the pictures are also of the restaurant.


After lunch, which is the biggest meal in mexico, we drove to see Ricardo's high school. The fence around it was so high that I couldn't see much, but it was still cool. It is right next to Torre Alta, a huge apartment complex with I think more than a hundred floors. in my opinion you would have to be crazy to live in the top floor of that building with all the earthquakes they have here.

Next we drove to see some really good family friends, Fabrizio and Silvi. They live in the apartment complex that the US embassy rents out and it is the same complex where Ricardo's family lived for a long time when he was growing up. They have a huge doberman, which you will see in some of the pictures. Fabrizio gave us a tour of the complex and gardens and then we sat down and had some bread and tea. (No worries, Fabrizio assured us that they made a strictly herbal tea for us. It was really good, it had almond and vanilla leaves and some other fruit leaves). Their family is very european-Silvi is from switzerland and Fabrizio is from northern Italy. I thought it was funny when Ricardo told me that Silvi talks to their daughter in French, and her husband in Italian and then they live in mexico and speak spanish. Anyhow, we laughed a lot there because Fabrizio is very funny. And, yeah for me, I actually understood some jokes in spanish, lol. In the pictures below: 1-Silvi, Alicia, Ricardo. 2-Ricardo Sr., Fabrizio, Silvi, Lupita. 3-Their dog

No comments:

Post a Comment