Today we finally arrived in Mexico! It was a long night at the airport in dallas. We discovered that all the cool restaurants are on the side of the airport after you check in, so we had a lovely dinner of chips and candy from the vending machine...mmmm...needless to say Carmelita´s cooking tasted amazing by the time we got to Ricardo's house. We had a little scare because they almost didn´t let me get on the plane to Mexico since my maiden name is on my passport and my ticket was purchased under my married name. God was watching out for us though, and it all worked out. At 4:30am we were finally able to check in and we gratefully crossed over to the nicer area of the airport and had breakfast at Friday´s. The flights were all great, and we got to Mexico nearly on time. It was so great to see Ricardo´s dad jumping up and down and waving us to him as we left customs. It was so fun for both of us to see Ricardo´s parents.
I have a few first impressions of Mexico City, ¡Que loco! Tambien, ¡Que bonita la ciudad! Driving was like nothing I have ever seen before, not even in paris where I first witnessed the idea of a flexible number of lanes depending on how many cars you can squeeze in. It appears to be some sort of organized madness, but thankfully his dad and mom are great drivers and I felt perfectly safe even though I had no clue how people don´t kill each other while driving like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment