This is Ricardo, Alicia is already in bed....actually, I'm not sure what I'm doing up at 2 AM other than watching TV lol. We are 1 week away from going down to Mexico. It's an exciting time especially for Alicia because she wants to go and be able to fit in with the family and the culture. She is trying really hard, practicing her Spanish and just getting used to the idea of not having to do the dishes or the laundry for the next couple of weeks....it'll be a load off our backs but she doesn't know how she'll react to it. She'll be just fine.... It is actually kinda funny...my parents are worried about her hanging out with non-LDS people who will probably drink alcohol and smoke and don't want her to feel weird or out of place while she is worried about fitting in....I think I'm just relaxed because I know everything will work out just fine and no one has to worry about anything at all.
On other news, Alicia is finally done with school for the semester. She mentioned tonight that she got a 98/100 on her Spanish homework portfolio. That is awesome, Im so proud of her, she's improved a lot, even if she doesn't realize it right away. Also, I'm about to finish co-authoring my first academic paper ever. It is a paper about nuclear energy(boring for some people but not really....not if you've been doing the research since December lol) and how stupid it'd be to build new plants because of the high costs especially when compared to alternatives like renewables. K, sounds boring but I've been putting a lot of hours into it and hope that we have it submitted before Wednesday next week so at least that'd be done. I'm glad to know that there's another 2 or 3 papers in the works and hopefully that should boost my application to get accepted into either a Master's or Doctorate program in the near future.
So about our fun activities so far this week....well Alicia was really busy all week working on her school stuff so we didnt do anything exciting. I got to watch a lot of TV and play videogames...not that exciting anymore....at least not without her. I watched A Haunting in Connecticut yesterday...I remember I read a book about that case when I was like 10 years old...it was nice to see it turned into a horror movie but they made a mess out of a good "real"??? (who knows) story and turned it into a super exaggerated horror movie which didn't make me jump once...I was falling asleep lol but still pretty decent.
Today, we decided to hang out as soon as I got done with work. I picked her up on campus because she was finishing one of her papers and then we went shopping for new outfits for her, more professional looking since she is now getting a business minor and hopefully going into the HR field. BTW, she bought an awesome blue shirt at Limited/Express...cant remember...but it looks really good on her and she loves it. It makes me happy to be able to make her happy.
And that's about it. We have the Stubbs family reunion this weekend, which Alicia swears is a lot of fun. Maybe tomorrow night (Thursday)... we'll get to hang out with Alicia's sister, Chelsea, since she's coming all the way down from Cody. We'll see, it should be fun either way but mainly I'm just excited for the trip next week....we'll keep ya posted with pictures and stuff so don't worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment