It was really cool seeing Ricardo's grandpa's house. He had told me a lot of stories about the house because he lived there for a while. He had mentioned that it is a 5 story house, so in my mind I kind of pictured like a huge mansion with a grandiose yard with trees and big fountain. Well, it looked nothing like I thought. I guess wyoming has trained me to believe that there is a lot of space :) There really wasn't that much of a yard, though there were trees, and it was very beautiful. It just is different because due to the lack of space people stack their homes basically. So his grandpas house is more of a house with 5 split levels. Also all the buildings are built with a lot of cement and rock (probably partially because of the earthquakes, nothing else would last very long) and they are very collorful and boxy (I don't think I have seen a peeked roof yet, everything is done in squares and rectangles). Okay, one more interesting note about how people build here-Mexico City is pretty much built in a valley but as the city has grown it has just expanded up the mountain side. So where his parents live and lots of other places in the city, they build one apartment complex, then cut a piece out of the mountain and put another building and then do the same all the way up the hill side. everything is very stacked.
Well, enough ab
No comments:
Post a Comment